Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Why?

Jacinda who has just turned six has been bugging me for ages to learn to stitch. I finally gave in. We went to Spotlight & picked up one of those DMC starter kits. It comes with a canvas with a pattern printed on it, wool & a HUGE needle. Jacinda was keen to start straight away, I was feeling a bit scared & told her that Mummy needed a coffee first.

I showed Jacinda how to do the 1st stitch & she just couldnt get the hang of it, she said it felt "yuckky". There was lots of tears (mine), tantrums (mine), & screams of "I cant do this" (mine).

I couldnt work out why she was finding it so difficult. I have involved her in craft for as long as I can remember.Then it came to me. I replaced the wool with DMC, much better. Then I changed the needle ( excellent!) She started going really, really well!

So now the little treasure is calmly sitting down, with My DMC threads & my piecemaker needles & stitching her 1st piece.

Gosh, I hope she does not dicover silks! She is already eyeing off Mirabillia designs.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leonie said...

You will have to start stitching in secret-you know that kids copy us!! Hope you have been taking care of yourself too.

3:31 PM  
Blogger bells said...

That's soooo wonderful Mel! I can't wait to have my own little ones so I can teach them how to stitch as well! Your lil Jacinda sounds like such a smart cookie! You must be very proud :)

P.S. ~ hope you're feeling better!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Branlaadee said...

Hi Mel! You are so lucky your daughter has started stitching. Mine wont touch the stuff. :(

9:17 PM  
Blogger HAED Sexy Fairy said...

Should I give her the link to Chatelaine??

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home