Monday, October 09, 2006

We Survived..................

So we piled into the car & the kids pretty much started to whinge before we backed out of the driveway. Thoughts of concrete floaties & a strong current heading towards New Zealand were swimming around in my brain. Mark & I took turns in shouting at the kids & threatening to turn the car around & head home. When we got to the beach, we drove the car on the sand looking for a place to lose the kids. Jacinda went apeshit about the waves coming to take the car into the water. Mark & I ( being the loving parents that we are) told her that if she didnt like being so close to the water to shut her eyes. We found a place to park & got out. I have to tell you, there was a cold wind blowing & the water didnt look that appealing. I told the kids just to play along the edge of the water cause it was to cold to get right in. The kids ran for the waves & Mark & I got out the food & blanket. When we looked up the kids were in the water. I looked at Mark & said " Mark, didnt I tell the kids NOT to go into the water?

"uh ha"

"Mark, the kids are In the water!"

"Uh Ha"

All in all it was actually turning into one of those nice family memories that you think about in years to come.

Then we told them it was time to go home.

The whinging & fighting & bitching pretty much started as soon as there seatbelts were on. Hear that sound of a toilet flushing? There goes my happy family memory..........

3 Comments:

Blogger bells said...

LOL..you're soooo funny Mel! In classic Nikki fashion, I must ask, "any piccies to show us"? :D

6:15 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Nope, no photos. Had thoughts of taking the camera, but ended up forgeting it "cause I was refeering the kids

1:35 AM  
Blogger Leonie said...

Most family outings seem to be like that. Actually, the outings you most look forward to end up as disasters, and the ones that turn out really well are unplanned and involve little or no planning......remind me to tell you about our trip to Ballarat some day.

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home