Monday, February 13, 2006

My life in the freak show

My life in the freak show

I Should have known better.................

There was great excitement in our household this morning, Ben lost a tooth through the night. So we found a glass to put the tooth in. Ben was happy, Jacinda was happy & excitingly wriggling all her teeth to see if they were loose. Got the kids onto the school bus & all in all it wasn't shaping up to be a bad day at all.

I SHOULD OF KNOWN BETTER..............................

Kids got home & Ben was in a filthy mood about not getting a turn on the computer at school, so we all suffered. I helped Jacinda with her homework to which she told me " I am not dumb you know." So I planned an early dinner & the thought of the kids bedtime put forward early was sounding damned fine.

I SHOULD OF KNOWN BETTER.......

I know that there is never 5 minutes peace in this house, so why on earth didn't alarms sound when I couldn't here Ben & Jacinda? Why on earth did I give over to blind faith? Why did I not investigate sooner? Why, oh why, was I on a cloud of smugness? Jacinda decided that in preparation for the tooth Fairy, Ben's tooth should be clean, so that it was all sparkly & shiny. Ben's tooth is now down the drain, both kids are crying & I keep thinking I should of known better.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

LOL! I have two children - boy and girl as well - so I can *TOTALLY* relate!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Life sure isn't boring......Thanks for reading. I was wondering if anyone was reading my blog.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Leonie said...

You are either very brave or crazy (but aren't most parents??lol). Are you going next week??

4:28 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

*sigh* yes we are going next week, my kids need all the help they can get

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home